Sabtu, 15 Januari 2011

My Favorite Songs


                Listen a song can make us feel better. It can make us have a new spirit, can make us remember about our memories, and can make us more relaxed. Today, I will tell you about my favorite songs.
                I love one of the Avenged Sevenfold’s song was titled Dear God. It told us about the repentance of a man who had lost his soul mate. He asked God to hold her soul mate when he wasn’t around her. He apologized for his mistake because he left her. He wished she came back to him again.
                I love Imagine by John Lenon too. Avril Lavigne had arranged this song in 2004. Actually I heard this song for the first time in Avril’s version. I loved the meaning of this song. This song hoped us to live in peace. The writer of this song asked us to imagine about the peaceful life when we care each other. John hoped we will make this world more beautiful and peaceful.
                Flying without Wings from Westlife is one of my favorite songs. This song told us about the magic of love. Love from our beloved friends, soul mate, or family can bring a joy for us. It make us can fly although we haven’t wings.
                The other song that I love is What I Want Is What I Got from Westlife too. This song makes me found a new spirit to reach my dreams. The best lyric from this song is ‘life is too short to hold back, I won’t live in the past’. I think it’s true. I won’t live in the past. I won’t repent my failed life. I won’t sink away with my past.
                Songs make our life more wonderful. We could learn from the songs that we had already listened.

New Vocabularies
Repentance: the fact of showing that you are sorry for something wrong that you have done. (N)
Apologize: to say that you are sorry for doing something wrong. (V)
Imagine: to form a picture in your mind of what something might be like. (V)
Sink: to prevent somebody or somebody’s plans from succeeding. (V)
Failed: not successful. (Adj.)


1 komentar: